[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Neche, ND and Gretna, MB

Delores Stevens deloresstevens at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 25 09:47:04 PDT 2007

Do not know when you were in Cavalier, ND, but I was there last summer and
was advised that a lot of the records were destroyed in a fire.  Was not
told that this was a deliberate fire bombing of the County Office.  This
information was provided to me by a gentleman who lives across the street
and had a front row seat to the whole goings on.

There is a lady who has copied all of the records for the Gretna Lutheran
Church, from whom I got a lot of information.

If you are trying to contact local churches either by mail or leaving a
message on their answering machine, I have not found this to be helpful.
Have never received any responses.

The Cemetary that I looked at is 4 1/2 miles west of Neche on land donated
by a gr gr uncle, and found all of the family that I wanted there.

A Platt map from 1905 was very helpful and I got this from the Library of
Congress, along with other information about Neche.  This information was at
no cost.

There is also a lady who does research in North Dakota for a reasonable
cost.  Can provide you with her name should you wish.

Delores Maduke
Saskatoon