[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] death onboard ship

gswilson19 at aol.com gswilson19 at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 10:44:58 PDT 2007

I have a family that went from Bremen to NY in Apr of 1882.  The family story goes that a son was born aboard ship, died shortly thereafter and was buried at sea.  I finally located the family on a ship manifest on Ancestry.  I cannot find any mention on that particular manifest of the baby or baby's death.  I don't know if Ancestry did not publish the complete manifest.  Does anyone know if it was manditory that that child be listed somewhere if he did infact exist.

Thank you,

Gail