[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] death onboard ship

Susie Lewis lewisinwaterloo at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 15 11:06:28 PDT 2007

Hi Gail

>From what I know of these records (my parents and grandparents immigrated
and crossed the Atlantic by ship)....people where recorded on the Ship
Manifest at the Point of Departure and then again for Immigration at the
Port of Arrival.

This poor baby was born after Point of Departure and died prior to Port of
Arrival and so did not technically go through either check point and
therefor, there may not be any record of him....at least not where the ships
manifest and immigration records are concerned.  I couldn't tell you where
or if the actual birth may or may not have been registered. Hopefully
someone else has better news for you.

Sue