[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village of Drozna, Russia

William Remus remus at hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:53:09 PDT 2007

As Jerry points out....

"Drozna is almost certainly the town variously spelled as Draschna,
Derazno, etc.

It is located approximately 32 km NNW of the city of Rowno (today
spelled Rivne), on the north bank of the Goryn / Horyn River.  I
don't think that any of our Germans lived right in this market
town.  They probably lived in a nearby village.  However, I am basing
that info on pre-1885 church records. "

If you go to

http://www.shidler.hawaii.edu/remus/genes/volhynia/abvolhyn.htm

you will see an area map with your village in the lower left hand corner. Click on the link below the map if you want a bigger and better image.

Nearby were Anielioka and Berestovitz where you will find lots of Germans that made it to Canada including the Schultz, Remus, Haardwardt, plus most of old Leduc not to mention southern MB.

Regards Bill Remus