[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parish Records - Shitomir, Tuczyn and Rowno

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 24 07:44:23 PDT 2007

At 11:47 AM 23/03/2007, Todd/Randi Bender wrote:
>Good Morning,
>I am looking for information regarding the parishes of Shitomir,
>Tuczyn and Rowno. I am looking for birth certificates for the times;
>1884(Shitomir), 1889, 1900, 1901(Tuczyn) and 1903, 1904 (Rowno) all
>for the town of Kamienna (Werba). I have tried some Archive sites
>but would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.
>Randi
>Saskatoon

You may be out of luck for that time frame - at least for readily
available records.

The list of microfilmed records is at
http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInVolhyniaKievPodolia

I don't think that Kamienna Werba was ever in Tuczyn Parish.  It
would have been in Zhitomir or Rowno parishes, depending on time
frame.  Rowno records are not available at all.  Zhitomir records are
not available post 1885.

Local archives in Rowno and Zhitomir might have some further info but
you would have to hire a local researcher to delve into them for you.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca