[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] locations

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 28 06:14:25 PDT 2007

At 03:17 PM 27/03/2007, James A. Geike wrote:
>  Can anybody shed some ligth on the locations of these3
> towns/villages Wercholesje, Olisarowka, Wercholesje Naliwaikowka,
> Fenewytschi, Karlowka, Hulewzy, Albertowka, Warowsk , Basar ,
> Klischtschi Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Jim in Yakima, Wa.

Most are north or northeast of Zhitomir in western Volhynia.

Klischtschi - 20 km NNW of Zhitomir

Albertowka - 98 km NNE of Zhitomir, 12 km SSE of Narodichi (there are
2 villages less than 4 km apart that have this same name

Karlowka / Karolowka - within 4 km east of Albertowka (again 2
villages with this name)  (another complication is that the Stumpp
map shows a Karlowka close to Olisarowka but I have not found a
topographical map that substantiates that location)

Olisarowka - 100 km NE of Zhitomir, 36 km SE of Narodichi, 28 km NE of Malin

Warowsk - 3 km SSW of Olisarowka

Wercholeska (probably your Wercholesje) - 4 km NNW of Olisarowka

Fenewytschi - 42 km E of Olisarowka (getting close to due north of
Kiew and not far from Tschernobyl

Naliwaikowka - 82 km ENE of Zhitomir just north of the road to Kiev
(may require further research if it is supposed to be associated with
Wercholesje

All the above are on my map of Volhynia.

Hulewzy and Basar require more research which I will get to within
the next few days.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca