[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Janow's, alegata's and more

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 08:02:07 PDT 2007

Hello all,

Some time ago i was trying to find a Janow near Piotrkow.  (some of
discussion below this letter)
With some new information, I'm almost sure that I found, but I need a advice
for the more experienced people.
Only refreshing the memory:

First of all, I've found (people of the list helped) on the marriage record
of my great grandfather Johann Norenberg a birth place called Janow, as you
can see:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/812/johannandjulianacut2hl1.jpg

And now, I've found Emile Norenberg, sister of Johann, that born in Osiny:
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7074/emiliecut3sk4.jpg

At this time, I received information about communes, one called Dmosin that
is Janow in new Brzeziny district.
I imagine that Osiny must be near the Janow. So, researching about Catholic
Churches in familysearch, I've found accidentally in the details of
microfilm:

Civil transcripts of Roman Catholic parish register of births, marriages and
deaths for Dmosin (Brzeziny), Łódź, Poland. Includes surrounding towns:
Nadobna, Osiny A and Rudniki. Text in Polish and Russian. Partially indexed.

Akta urodzeń, małżeństw, zgonów 1820-1831 FHL INTL Film 702338

So, if one of surrounding towns of this is Osiny, I imagine that's the
correct place that my ancestors lived. And looking some maps I can notice a
Janow and an Osiny surrounding Dmosin. All near Piotrkow-Trybunalski. Please
take a look:

http://uk2.multimap.com/M4/browse.cgi?scale=100000&lon=19.7667&lat=51.9167&i
con=X
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=51.9167,19.7667+(Dmosin)

I can see a town a bit larger very near all this: Glowno. Are this town
maybe provided of records around? (Marriage, birth, etc).

And last, I found possible alegata records on that place (Dmosin):
http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.eng.php?mode=show&id=765&miejscowo
sc=dmosin&gmina=&binary=

Maybe can I try these alegata? Or maybe can I try the alegata on
Piotrkow-Trybunalski?

Some doubts for now, but I think its growing.

Sorry any confusing, because I'm not perfect in english

Thanks

Mauricio Nörenberg
Porto Alegre - Brazil