[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place search: Dobriner Land, Lipno

BirgitSteinke&GerhardAJabs Steinke.Jabs at t-online.de
Sun May 6 15:02:00 PDT 2007

Hello listers,

I am searching for the villages of Kuznin or Kuznik and Marianowo in the area of
Lipno:

Krystyna Wyll nee Vossów [Christina Voss Will], one of my ancestors, died in 1868 in
Marianowo. The death certificate (No. 103), written in Cyrillic font, was found in
the church records of Osiek nad Wisla (Osówka) in Lipno. The place of birth is named
as Kuznin or Kuznik: "w Kuzninach" or "w Kuznikach". I only found Kuzniki in the
northwest part of the Dobriner Land, but I’m not sure, if this is the place meant in
the certificate. Kuzniki is about 10 miles (16 kilometers) east of Torun/Thorn. -

Also the place of death, Marianowo, was not found in the area of the parish of Osiek
nad Wisla (Osówka) in Lipno, but in the county of Rypin. In the county Lipno there’s
only a village named Mariankowo, near Stajeczynki. - The daughters of Krystyna Wyll
nee Vossów [Christina Voss Will] - Krystyna Wyll (*1833/1834) and Anna Wyll (*1839) -
were born in Stajeczynki. Also one of the witnesses named in the death certificate,
was living in Stajeczynki. This facts lead to my suppose, that Mariankowo could be
the place meant in the certificate No. 103. -

Jerry, I would appreciate it if you could look at this and advise me.

If someone is interested in a copy of the certificate (size 983 kB) in order to read
the birthplace and the place of death, please reply directly to me.

Thanks,
Gerhard (Jabs)
Ahrensburg near Hamburg, Germany