[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] For those of you with Volga German connections

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 6 05:02:28 PDT 2008

I received this late notice from Horst
Gutsche.  Perhaps some of you will have the time
to attend within the next few days.

Dear Friends,

Pastor Alexander Scheiermann, the dean of the
Middle Volga Region of the Evangelical Lutheran
Church - European Russia in the city of Saratov,
will be giving  mission presentations in the following churches:
    * Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014
- 81 Ave NW in Edmonton on Wednesday, August 6th at 7:30 p.m..
    * St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church,
5306-49 St., Barrhead on Thursday, August 7th at 7:00 p.m.
    * Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in the
village of Bashaw at 12 noon (the event starts
with a pot luck meal) on Friday, August 8th.
    * Oakridge Lutheran Church, 585 41st Ave.
West (at Cambie) in Vancouver, British Columbia
at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 9th.
    * He will be at First Lutheran Church of
Richmond Beach, 18354 – 8th Ave. NW, Shoreline WA
98177 – Tel. 206 546 4153 from Sunday. August 10th to August 12th .

  From the First Lutheran August Newsletter

Everyone is invited to visit with Pr. Alexander
on Monday, August 11th at 7:00pm with an Ice Cream Social & Tea at our Church.

Let’s continue to share the love of Christ to the
nations of the world as we support this important
ministry worked to offer financial and prayerful
support to the building of an Evangelical
Lutheran Church in Saratov, Russia.  Through
First Lutheran generously contributing over
$45,000 and by encouraging the giving and support
of other organizations to this work to the tune
of more than another $43,000, the congregation in
Saratov is well on its way toward the
construction of their church building.  The
pastor of this congregation is Pastor Alexander
Scheiermann. He is in the United States this
month visiting contributing- congregations and
will be with us August 10-12. Our leadership is planning a dinner in his honor.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca