[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Establishing the parish in which my grandfather was born - query Zdunska Wola or Belchatowe

Anne Keen akdl25466_2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 09:55:11 PDT 2008

My grandfather was born in Kolonie Zablotie, near Lodz, in 1897. His birth was recorded at the Register Office in Zdunska Wola. I'm still uncertain if the parish which covers the area is Zdunska Wola or Belchatowe. I note that SGGEE have a link to the LDS for any films made of Lutheran parish records for both areas, but, as explained on the site, the filmed records end well short of 1897.

In the hope that eventually the filming will advance, I keep checking back every so often, but no luck yet!
It would help if I knew, for future reference, the actual parish.... can anyone point me in the right direction?

In the meantime, I emailed Lodz State Archives to try and get a copy of grandfather's birth certificate. That was in March or April last and I still haven't heard a word from them. Is such a delay usual?

A fellow researcher, who contacts the Archives on a regular basis on his own behalf, has added my grandfather to his own requests in his last email, for which I am grateful.

I am hoping to obtain, from that, his parents' place(s) of birth and eventually their marriage, and possibly any siblings he may have had.

According to his marriage certificate, both his parents died in Kolonie Zabloty, but I don't know when.

Anne