[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Karl Preuss

Patricia Herron meadowflower at verizon.net
Wed Dec 10 12:29:27 PST 2008

I am new and I am looking for my Grandfather's family.  On the church record in Fresno, CA he wrote that he was from Elbinglank, which we believe is now in Poland.  His name was Carl Herman Preuss, 10 March 1858.  He had a brother,  Gustav Adolf Preuss, 28 Aug 1864.  Adolph had what was apparently a vaccination certificate that listed parents as Gottlieb Preuss and Caroline Grapentin.  Carl apparently lived near San Antonio, TX for several years after he emigrated.  Adolph visited him there.  Adolph mentioned leaving from Allenstein on his several trips to America.  Adolph mentioned several folks in his diaries but never said where they actually lived.  He mentioned they had a pew in the local church.

I would appreciate any assistance on folks or on the location of Elbinglank.

Pat