Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Alexandrowka - Alwine Müller b1875

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 24 08:36:52 PST 2008

There were a couple of places named Alexandrowka in the Zhitomir area as well. And if you want to be technical about it, there were roughly 800 of them in the entire Russian empire; it is probably the most common village name. Something to do with a tsar.

Be warned that the St. Pete records cover only Lutherans. The Baptists, the Catholics, the Mennonites and so on did not need to bother with Lutheran paperwork. In other words, the family's religion is key.

Dave Obee