[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Beginning in Volhynia

Delores Stevens deloresstevens at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 11 06:13:27 PST 2008

Hi Becca

I have Caroline Kott Karras, who was one of the god parents for my
grandmother Augusta Draeger born Dec 7, 1903 in Neche, North Dakota and
baptised at the Lutheran Church in Gretna.

I have a history write up about Johann Karras, his first wife Julianna Nast,
their four children Emelie, Gustav, Gottlieib and Julius.  His second wife
Mathilda Baum and their seven children Julianna, Hulda, Wilhelmena, Edward,
Augusta, Ludwig and Adolph.

I recieved this from a Karras family member while doing research into the
connection between the Karras family and that of my great grandparents
Adolph Draeger and Emelie Donat.  I had assumed there must be some
relationship in order for Caroline Karras to be my grandmother's godmother.

I do believe that these individuals tie in with your family.

Delores Maduke
Saskatoon