[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] We've hit the 600 mark!

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 23 08:11:39 PST 2008

Good news Jerry!  Thank you for administering the mailing list in a very capable manner.

    The SGGEE mailing list has been a great addition to the Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe (SGGEE) organization.  I expect the number of mailing list subscribers will to continue to increase because of the list's informative and extremely generous members who are willing to assist others in all matters of genealogical research.
    As the SGGEE Membership Committee chairperson, I would encourage our mail list subscribers to also become members of SGGEE itself if you have not already done so.  The fact that SGGEE directs all of it's research efforts towards Germans from Poland and western Ukraine (with some excursions into neighboring jurisdictions), the chances of striking "research gold" is greatly enhanced if your ancestors lived in those areas.  As a member, huge databases, maps and various research information of all kinds are accessible 24/7 on the SGGEE website Members Only Pages at www.sggee.org.
     SGGEE is registered with the government of Canada as a not for profit society.  It is administered entirely by unpaid volunteers.  Membership dues are used for the procurement and presentation of research material and associated expenses only.
    Membership details can be seen on SGGEE's home page by clicking on "About Us" or by emailing the membership Chairperson at membership at sggee.org

John Marsch
Membership Committee Chairperson
  last 2, the growth has been very slow.  However, over the past few
  days we have rolled over the 600 subscriber mark!

  Thank you to all for your input and willingness to share on this
  list.  When I first took on the project, I was concerned about
  possible squabbles and other issues that can make things less than
  pleasant.  However, none of those issues have occurred so I also
  thank you for your kindness and toleration.  If any of you are
  newbies, too shy to make a posting, give it a try.  You never know
  what interesting tidbits might come up about your search.

  Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
  GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
  http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html