[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] August Meyers (Maier) Przedecz

Elvin & Sheilagh ewmeyers at telus.net
Tue Mar 4 20:08:01 PST 2008

For years I've been able to discover very little about my grandfather on my
Dad's side, so against my better judgement, I finally ordered a couple of
those expensive records from Statistics Canada and The Province of Alberta.
One was the 1940 National Registration File and the other was the record of
a second marriage. From those documents I learned the following regarding
August Meyers:
    - date of birth February 25, 1872
    - place of birth Przedecz
    - parents Ferd Maier & Henriette Schultz
Now I'm hoping that someone out there may be able to provide me with some
additional information or at least point me in the 'right' direction. I know
he married a Wilhelmine Radis about 1893 probably in Antoniow, Volhynia,
because that is where at least 2 of their children were born. I believe she
was born in 1876 in Zelanka, Volhynia. In August 1907 they arrived in Canada
on the SS Kensington with 4 daughters, and eventually found their way to
Leduc, Alberta.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

    Elvin Meyers