[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Villages - Question from newSGGEE member

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 9 06:26:42 PST 2008

Don,

Dick is correct.  Pamiatka is about 10 km NE of Sompolno, roughly 13
km ESE of Mostki Warzymowskie.  Both appear on this map
http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/P39_S27_Grossblatt_69a_SW_SOMPOLNO_300dpi.jpg
but the latter only shows as Mostki.

Zifeld is about 31 km WNW of Luck or 11 km NW of Torczyn.  It is not
on this map
http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/A45_B40_(XXVIII-18)_ROZYSZCZE_300dpi.jpg
but would have been a short distance east of Zubilno near the bottom
and left edge.

Not sure of your source for Kissilinka as it does not appear on my
lists.  There is a Kisielen about 6 km NW of Zifeld on this map
http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/P45_S39_OZDZIUTYCZE_300dpi.jpg
but I have no idea if it is the correct place.

There is a Cekow in Russian Poland, about 2o km NE of the city of
Kalisz but not sure if this is your Cecow.  I have not been able to
find a place named Sabilno.  More research will be needed.

Most people would make their way by horse and wagon to the nearest
rail line and thus to the port.  If Cekow is correct, then the
connection may have been at the city of Posen.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca