[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] sort of OT - surname lists

F&RM Haddad farose at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 07:39:57 PST 2008

This is sort of off-topic, in that I'm wondering about this for "the rest of
Germany", specifically in Wuerttemberg. Is there such a thing as lists of
surnames for specific towns? I'm having trouble making out a surname (and
some of you reading this will laugh - you know who you are), and I'm
thinking if there were a list of surnames, in this case from the town of
Birkenfeld, I could compare, and get a better idea what the name might be. A
sort of "cheat-sheet". Are there such things on the internet?
Thanx in advance for any help.

Rose-Marie Haddad