[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poland or Russia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 7 15:21:53 PDT 2008

Kenneth,

On the Cyrillic map:  t's not an actual map grid but if you go down
vertical line 78 till it intersects with horizontal 44, you will be
in the centre of the town of Rozyszcze - looks vaguely like POXNWE
where N is backwards.

It is beside the Styr River as is noted on the Polish map.

All of these maps are linked from our "Villages and Maps" page.

You may want to engage some people (who have been there) in
discussion about travelling in the area.  Getting to Rozyszcze would
not be too difficult but driving on some of the other roads to
outlying villages may be a problem.  Might be better to hire a car
and driver or visit with a tour group.  Also, as I understand it, be
prepared with lots of good maps as the locals don't always know how
to get to more remote locations.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca