[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ausfall des Forum f?r Ahnenforschung

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Apr 29 00:07:05 PDT 2009

George Shoning schrieb:
> My translation:
>
> "Regrettably, our forum was hit by serious computer damage (a virus).  Over the Easter weekend, several media servers went down at the Comgen Association (Club?)

Hello George,
the virus is your comment? There was in fact no mentioning of a software
attack but of the mechanical failure of two harddisks.
> causing loss of a lot of data but no contracts, fortunately.
No mentioning of contracts, instead "no contributions" (verbal inputs).

I am a member of two affected mailing lists of genealogy.net and can try
to explain the situation:
Since the failure is a hardware damage, the data must be restored by a
specialized company. This job is done for the most part and being continued.

A decision was made to use a locally separated mirror server and
additional extern hardware backups in the future.

Günther