[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Grieben

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Fri Aug 21 12:38:46 PDT 2009

 Eduardo, to answer your questions...
1. Yes, I have these polish records noted but do not have copies.  This is
not your family though but they may be relatives, or not.
2. I do not see any connection to Volhynia in my research.  From your
description of your family's movements, I am thinking that they moved from
Volhynia about 1880 not to Germany but to Poland and maybe to the Lipno area
since there is a Greben there.  Maybe this is where they originally came
from and it was "home" to them.  While there, your ggrandfather was born in
1886 and you'll have to have someone check those records for you.  We've
checked the confirmation records to 1906 and your family does not appear in
those records.  Would they not have had someone of confirmation age between
1880 and 1897 when they left for Brazil?  If so, perhaps they moved on
before anyone was confirmed, perhaps to Germany as you suggested.
3. Both Archives are easy to deal with although they can be expensive.  I
can send more details off-line.

Earl