[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FW: Ukranian immigrants calling themselves Russian

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 21 17:31:43 PST 2009

Jan,

Take a look for Ekatarinslav at the JewishGen ShtetlSeeker at
http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp

Ekatarinslav is in the Ukraine.

If you look for Mariopol in the Ukraine using ShtetlSeeker, and try to find
it in relation to the coordinates of Ekatarinslav, you will find a Mariapol
that is only 56.5 miles from Ekatarinslav, and a Miropol that is only 45.7
miles from Ekatarinslav.  Ekatarinslav is now named Dnipropetrovsk.

Not a lot of help, but it looks like either Mariapol, or Miropol could be
the town you are searching for.

Good luck.

Joe in Texas, USA