[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] A Question. . .KASSEBOHM

Otto otto at schienke.com
Mon Dec 21 19:08:29 PST 2009

The area in question:
Mecklenburg/Vorpommern
The city Rostock/village KASSEBOHM

The situation:
A retired individual from Oslo, Norway (forefathers moved there) and I
are comparing DNA haplogroups because they are similar. His group is
R1b1b2a1a1d*, mine R1b1b2a1a1*.  He informed me his forefathers were
Frisians that had settled in Mecklenburg. The village/dorf was named
after a cherry tree planted by them "kassebohm".  It appears many took
the name of the dorf as a surname. The individual's surname is
"Kasbohm". The dorf was part of a Rittersgut (knight's estate or land
holdings).

He has compared gene markers with others of the same surname and they
are not related. I explained the above naming procedure to him.

He sees the necessity of a paper trail to prove out who is related to
him (the genetic testing can then take place).

His request:
"I would indeed appreciate your comments upon the info mentioned above
and your advice upon how to proceed if there is any hope to obtain
more knowledge about the Kasbohms living in Mecklenburg in the years
before 1728."

My question:
Can anyone inform me if information exists so I can reply to his
request.
I certainly would appreciate it.
(By the way, we have similar genes but are not related)

. . .   Otto
          " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 04, 2009-