[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Does Daria Firus = Anna Dorothea Firus????

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 14:01:32 PST 2009

Kristen,
Yes, I would say that Daria and Dorothea are the same name. While
indexing for the Lublin Project, I have seen this many times. The name
is Daria in Cyrillic and usually Dorotta in Polish; the same given name
is Dorothea in German. Sometimes the scribe or pastor will write a
closer version of Dorothea in Cyrillic, but quite often it's Daria. And
I've seen the same person listed more than once in the records, so I
know that it's an equivalent and not just a different name.

Sigrid