[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Boguslawka in Rozyszcze

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 5 12:26:02 PST 2009

Carol,

If you use this map http://download.maps.vlasenko.net/smtm100/m-35-038.jpg and compare to the previous one, you will see that Boguslawka does not appear on the modern one.  Doesn't mean it no longer exists but it at least wasn't important enough to show it.

On that map, go down the right edge to the line 30.  Follow that a little ways to the left till you encounter the large town beginning with what looks like a 3.  That is Zaturcy.

On this map http://www.sggee.org/members/pdf_maps/volhynia/VolC2003.pdf you can again find Boguslawka.  A little to the northeast you will see Anieluwka.  It is in fact on the original map I referred you to, just a little east of the larger town of Chorochoryn.  Keep in mind that there is another Anieluwka in Volhynia.  If there is a family connection between the two villages, it would be safe to assume that this is the correct one.  However, if you are dealing with different families, you may have to consider the other as well.

Distances to Posen and Prussia will be in the range of 300 km or so.

Jerry