[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polonized German Names

Otto otto at schienke.com
Tue Jan 6 06:25:55 PST 2009

Just out of curiosity. . .

Previously I'd researched the surname "Krahn" (my uncle Albert) and
find it around the Pomeranian coast. 'Krahn' in low German = 'crane',
stork.
I've never come across a variation or translation of its spelling.

'Quirin' is a celtic surname - Celtic names in Germany and Poland are
oft the base for names of their rivers or associated to water.
Also consider Quirin{us} -Latin Quirinalia/Quiriniis

. . .   Otto
          " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 04, 2009-