[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] timeline

Cornelia Warner fenenga at connpoint.net
Wed Jan 7 17:51:06 PST 2009

thank you for the "military" timeline, Otto,
it helps to see what was what over the years.
I admit to cluelessness on how to research my ancestor in Polish Russia, and
that includes online research, though I've been researching online since
'97. it's so foreign from the rest of my research that I'm utterly puzzled
by it.

I've tried to find all I could on him in America, but he's extreemly
elusive.
I'm looking for U. S. Commisioner's court records in Boston for him, but
they won't tell me anything about his ancestry and I don't expect them to
state his place of birth. a marriage application would be a treasure as it
would tell me a lot about him...but for all I can find, one no longer exists
for him. no vital records exist in America beyond a marriage record, his
wife's death record and his son's birth record-oh, and a couple medical
records for him, though that's not considered standard vital records.. no
census record that I can find him on, either. depending on the date of the
record, his birth is given either as Poland or Russia.

I've posted him here before, so what I'd really like to know is how to find
the family in Engen, Baden-Wurtenburg, prior to 1855. are there online
records? I don't know their faith, don't know where they settled in Poland,
don't know where they lived in England, and can't prove they were from
Engen, but it's all I've got.

thank you for directions in researching my German-Polish ancestor.

Charles Jacob/Joseph Wagner son of Anton and Thekla of Germany
b. abt 1855 Poland or Russia
d. aft 1893 of Boston Massachusetts, U.S.A. no death or burial there so???