[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German settlement in Orel province, Russia

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Thu Jan 8 15:43:21 PST 2009

Some very good points, Dick; the economic factors that were in play as well
as the political; their land contracts perhaps were expiring and would not
be renewed; Eigentum or the prohibition to land ownership, too caused stress
for our relatives.......all political in nature. And then in further
checking I found where Pastor Ernst Althausen, Pastor of the Tutschin and
Rowno parish in Volhynia from 1888 to 1908, was a brother to Alexander
Althausen who was the resident Pastor of the Orel Parish from 1883 until
1931; and one can't help but think that this could have factored in as
another reason for settlers moving into Orel after 1888.
Howard Krushel