[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rozyszcze death record 1879 #412a

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 30 14:35:27 PST 2009

Stefan,

Dick will check the writing.  However, I want to point out that the scribe in this case always showed (based on listings before and after) the province for places not in Volhynia.  My best guess, therefore, is that the location may be entered in error.  While death records are an invaluable resource, they can be error prone due to the mental state of the survivor providing the information.  For example, my grandfather's death record gives his mother as Rosalia Solomka.  In fact, he was born in the village of Solomka and his mother was Katherina Steinwand.

Jerry