[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SEARCHING HENKEL, MICHALEWICZ, TUCZEK, RUCHOTSKE

Carole rschlesselman at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 19:15:38 PST 2009

I am searching for history of my grandparents, Ludwig Henkel and Franciska Michalewicz.  I have attached a copy of my grandmother's birth certificate which is a translation made by the post office in Ashern, Manitoba.  I need assistance with the birth certificate.  Was my grandmother born in Austria?  I have no marriage date or place of marriage for my grandparents - I suspect somewhere in Volhynia since their first 2 children were born there and emigrated to Winnipeg.)  The info I have found so far:

Ludwig Henkel - born January 30 or February 2, 1873 at Malinowka, Chelm. Lublin, Poland - parents Christoph Henkel (born about 1836) and Christine Holtz (born 1841) - siblings were Christoph, Minna, Johann (married Julia Ruchotske in Volhynia), Sophia (married Alex Ruchotske in Volhynia) that I know of.  Thank you to Sigrid Perry for helping with this information.

Franciska Michalewicz - born January 15, 1881.  Parents Johann Michalewicz and Marie Tuczek.  Birthplace - Austria?  I have found nothing on Johann Michalewicz but believe my great-grandmother, Marie Tuczek was born September 6, 1844 in Czermin, Krepno, Poznanskiego, Poland to Johann Tuczek and Anna Prowaznik

Both of my grandparents emmigrated to Manitoba, Canada from Volhynia (wish I knew what place they lived in in Volhynia.)  Ludwig between 1905 and 1908, Franciska between 1906 and 1908.  Franciska came with their first 2 children, Carl and Marie, both born in Volhynia but I do not know where.

I need advice on how to find out where in Volhynia my family lived - no living relatives are able to help.  Also help with the birth certificate for my grandmother.

Thank you!
Carole (Henkel) Schlesselman

Searching: HENKEL, HOLTZ, MICHALEWICZ, TUCZEK, RUCHOTSKE (ALL FROM VOLHYNIA) and GRABOTIN, HAUFF, LIEBELT (BESSERABIA, RUSSIA)

IMG.jpg