[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Shooting The Past - Director: Stephen Poliakoff

Bronwyn Klimach bronklimach at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:49:19 PST 2009

 Hi,

Perhaps a little bit of lateral thinking here.  In genealogy we use a huge
variety of different sources and techniques to find as much as we can about
our family's past.  This entertaining film gives an interesting look at the
potential use of photographs for discovering historic events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_the_Past

http://www.lovefilm.com/product/20549-Shooting-The-Past.html
Brief synopsis of Shooting The Past

American property developer Christopher Anderson (Liam Cunningham) has plans
to renovate an English country house in order to open a business school.
However the staff of the vast photo library already housed there are
determined to stop him. It soon transpires that there is a picture of
Anderson's mother in the library and perhaps an unusual way of saving the
library.

 Happy researching, Bronwyn.

<http://www.lovefilm.com/product/20549-Shooting-The-Past.html>