[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kepa Dobrzynska

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:43:48 PDT 2009

I wrote: "Oskar Kossmeyer's map".  It should be Oskar Kossmann's map.  Sorry.
From: textor_jan at hotmail.com
To: mag_ton at yahoo.com; ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: RE: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kepa Dobrzynska
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:40:29 +0100

Magda,
As Linda Pauling wrote, a dam was built across the Vistula River by Wloclawek.  The dam was finished in 1970, and the resulting reservoir is called Jezioro Wloclawskie (Wloclawek Lake).  The length of this lake or reservoir is 58 km and the width is 1.2 km on average.  Obviously, this must be the reason why the Kepa Dobrzynska and the other islets in this area have disappeared.  They have been flooded.

You asked about LESIN , LECIN , LECIME, LECIWE.  The only location in this area that comes reasonably close is LISZYNO.  On Oskar Kossmeyer's map "Evangelische Kirchen und Schulen in Kongreßpolen 1865" it is called LISYN.  Perhaps this is the location you are looking for.  You can find Liszyno on this map: http://textor.dk/maps/Liszyno.jpg

Hope this helps,
Jan Textor