[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lubraniec, Wloclawek District, Warszawa Province

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Sat Mar 14 19:19:08 PDT 2009

To all,

One thing that all of you who are looking for certain records need to
remember is that none of the parish boundaries Lutheran or Catholic)
were static.   As each parish grew, it split into two or more parishes
numerous times.   So when you seek a certain parish, you need to know
what time frame you seek.

For instance, my great-grandmother was born in 1845 in a village in the
north part of Nowy Dwor parish.   When she married in 1861, she was
still living in the same village, but she was then in the Nasielsk parish.

I am not sure that there are accurate maps that exist which show the
parish boundaries for every year, so it is a bit of a task to discover
what the correct parish is for your ancestor without first understanding
what the parish was in a given area during the time frame you seek a
relative.    Also consider that sometimes even if a person lived in a
Lutheran parish, it may have been much closer to register the birth or
death in a local Catholic parish.   And then there are those who
registered a birth or a death in both the Lutheran and the Catholic parish.

You can get an idea of which parish was in which area by looking at the
following links

http://www.sggee.org/parish_histories/ParishFormationHistory.html
http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland

and for some maps which show more graphically the parishes

http://www.sggee.org/SGGEEMaps.html

This last link will require the installation of the free DjVu plugin for
your browser.   Once it is installed and the map is open, then
right-click on the map to zoom in.

Gary Warner