[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Need help cleaning backs of old photo's

jankohl57 at aol.com jankohl57 at aol.com
Thu Mar 26 13:59:42 PDT 2009

Looking for any suggestions on how to safely clean the backs of old photo's from ca. 1910.? They were at one time glued into a photo album with black pages.? I can get some of the black paper off, but some of it is really adheared to the glue.? I'm desperate to see what the writing says underneath!. I can actually see through the glue and make out letters, so it is more a matter of getting the black paper off without taking some of the ink beneath.? Is there some gentle way of removing the paper without going through to the other side of the photo?? Thanks so much...Janine