[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Happy May Day everyone! Do you remember& celebrate it?

Cathy Walters walters.cathy at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 07:30:31 PDT 2009

My grand fathers 1st cousin Edward Rossin of Winona,MN would hold May Day dances in his barn with polka bands for about 10 years til 1933.In my Rochester,MN neighborhood we made popcorn and candy,put it on the steps,knock and run to avoid being kissed.Moving to Elgin,MN  1977 we continued that tradition and when we moved to the other side of town in 1989,teachers were also hoping to get goodies.Though my neighborhood children are grown and lead busy lives and may have forgotten, new children are in the neighborhood I still continue it with May Day bags with Happy May Day written on it,my oldest grand gives to her friends-8th grade.Do you remember that old tradition and keep it alive? Was your tradition different? Cathy in Elgin,MN       Happy May Day!

  ALWAYS A ROSE