[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA Results

nks883 at aol.com nks883 at aol.com
Sun May 3 06:55:31 PDT 2009

My mtDNA results put me in Haplogroup U4 (16129A) (16356C) (16519C).? Maternal surnames of Rauch and Lau from Wola Mlocka, Poland and possibly Volhynia.? Any potential matches were all low resolution.

DNA testing on my brother (for our paternal line) resulted in Haplogroup R1b1b2 - earliest known ancestor (surname Erdman) from the Rypin area of Poland dating back to late 1700's.? There were many 12 Marker matches, some with higher resolution.? One in particular (surname Radtke) came from an area near Rypin and the location of that Radtke ancestor was listed as Vandsburg/Westpreussen - born 1785. ?My Erdman ancestors also have been noted as coming from Westpreussen.

The above tests were done through National Geographic's "Genographic Project" and were very basic.? Our family goal is to have additional and more precise testing done.

Sincerely,
Nadine Erdman Saiki