[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EZA Lutheran records

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Tue May 12 11:17:49 PDT 2009

  Karla,

      The evengelical central archive in Berlin (EZAB) do have quite
  a few church books from Pommerania, so if you know where in Pommerania
  your ancestors were from, they could be useful for that branch of your
  family. The Mormons have microfilm of most church books in EZAB, so
  it's usually easier/faster to look for yourself. (The films may be
  restricted in Berlin and Brandenburg).

     You can see what they have for Pommern by going to

  http://www.ezab.de/e/ebframe.html

  and clicking on "Church Records" . If you find an interesting
  place, click on it and you'll see what sort of records they have,

-----

       They are also supposed to have quite a lot of material from
  Lipno, but I can't find any mention of it on the EZAB web-site.

     Uwe Kerntopf's web-site gives some details, look at

  http://www.dobriner-land.de/
  and
  http://www.kerntopf.com/dobrin/literatur/i_bestand.pdf

   You should contact Uwe Kerntopf for advice.

------

       I don't know about anything from Zhitomir that has ended up
  in the EZAB archive - if you do find anything, please tell us all!

           Yours,
             Paul Rakow
             rakow at ifh.de