[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Braun from Poland after 1900

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 1 16:14:16 PST 2009

Bruce,

The 1920 census indicates the family immigrated in 1899, and  Friedrich was born Wisconsin.  It appears the Census take made an error on the 1910 census recording his birth place as Russia.

I would also guess that the number of years Michael and Mathilde were married was more than 21 years, perhaps 31 years.

Census records are great, but we certainly cannot relay on looking at only one census record, as I have discovered with your family.

Rose Ingram.

  From: Rose Ingram

  Bruce,

  I found the family on the 1910 census using Ancestry.com.
  Michael Braun is 55 years old
  Matilda is 54 years old
  son Gottlieb is 11 years old and
  son Friedrich is 6 years old.

  It also notes that Michael and Matilda have been married 21 years.  It also indicates mother Matilda had 21 children but only 3 surviving as at 1910.

  Rose Ingram

  The census record also indicates Friederich was born in Russia.  This would mean the family arrived after 1904.

  From: albertmuth at aol.com

    Is Gottlieb born 1899 and Julia 1887 or so?

    From: Rose Ingram <roseingram at shaw.ca>

    Bruce,

    Do you know the approximate years Gottlieb and Julia may have been born.

    Rose Ingram