[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 78, Issue 1

Beth Burke mackzie at tds.net
Sun Nov 1 16:02:25 PST 2009

There is a Braun family that arrived at Ellis Island on May 25, 1900.
Although it's difficult to read Michael's (it's actually translated Miholy)
name, Mathilda, Gottlieb and Julia are clearly listed under what I believe
is probably Michael's name.  They arrived on the SS Pennsylvania, having
sailed from Hamburg.  The city listed as their last place of residence is
Kobelka.  It looks like Michael was 45 years old, Mathilda was 44 years old,
Julia was 17 years old and Gottlieb was 11 months old.  It looks like they
had approximately $200 (hard to read), and lists a contact/relative
Ferdinand Dopes (also very hard to read).

OK, now here's where this all peaks my curiosity.  It lists their final
destination as Gillett, Wisconsin.  This is where my relatives settled after
they arrived from the Lublin area of Poland.  Their names - Gustav and
Bertha Friedrich (Fredrick) and they arrived at Ellis in 1904, went to
Leduc, Alberta, Canada, and then back to Gillett, Wisconsin.

Anxious to hear from you....

Beth
mackzie at earthlink.net
Verona, WI