[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] East Prussia

Linda Shepherd lindag.shepherd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:15:05 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your earlier help with my Thiem searches. I have not got much
further with Heinrich. I will have to see what else Mum can tell me when I
see her in January. I am just touching base now to see whether the
towns/villages of Gumbinnen, Goldap, Schippenbeil and Regellen in East
Prussia fall into the area covered by sggee. These are all places where I
have ancestors on my Mum's side.
My grandmother, Agatha Bertha Frida married  a Thiem  descendant of Heinrich
- although there is a lot of circumstantial evidence for this, there are
several generations between his records and the oldest ones I have.
 Agathe  was the daughter of  Friederich Julius Hoffmann. He was born on 12
July 1859 in Susnik, Rastenbourg.
He married a Bertha Agathe Cohanski who was born on 17th December 1859. She
came from Regellen.
They married on 3rd August 1886 in Goldap.
We do not have much information  about the death of Friederich beyond the
fact that he was lost at sea we think during the flight from East Prussia as
a result of the Russian advance.

Can anyone supply any links/information to this last event?
Are there any Parish records available for searching the families mentioned?

Thanks very much
With every good wish,
Linda

Their marriage took place in Goldap.
I have been browsing the main website and think it is really good. It was
great to find a link to the map showing these places.
Many thanks,
Linda

--
Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want!