[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gertrude and Henriette

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 08:09:53 PST 2009

Does anyone know if there is often a strong tie between the given names Gertrude and Henriette? A Google search shows these two names appear quite often together as Gertrude Henriette as you might find Friedrich Wilhelm or Anna Christine or many other possibilities.

The reason I bring this up is that I found a 1825 birth record for a girl named Gertrude. These parents in later years have a daughter named Henriette having a son in 1846. The parents have no other possibilities for a child-bearing daughter in the records in this time frame. It is odd naming a daughter Gertrude in the first place as it is rarely used by our group of Germans, especially in these earlier years. These Catholic records often show just one name among the compounded names (like just Anna for Anna Rosalie).
Karl