[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village name Widoncka

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Fri Nov 20 10:54:50 PST 2009

From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of
kander25 at cableone.net
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:29 PM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village name Widoncka

Need help locating this village: Widoncka.

 I have seen it on 3 different arrival manifests in different years, all
spelled like this. The arrival manifests say Widoncka, Russia, but elsewhere
the family is described as Polish.

Thank you for whatever leads you can provide.

Karen Anderson

You can take a look at ShtetlSeeker at
http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp   and see what the
possibilities are for Poland and Russia, or other eastern European
countries.  Some look to be close to the spelling.  Could not find the exact
spelling of Widoncka.

Would like to take a look at the manifest.  If you could send me the
immigration manifest directly (joepessarra at suddenlink.net) or a reference to
it, I would like to take a look at it.

Joe in Texas