[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Baranowo

albertmuth at aol.com albertmuth at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 19:53:27 PST 2009

I have a town Baranowo occuring in Sompolno parish records in the birth
records that I cannot identify  Sompolno is one of the Westernmost
parishes of Russian Poland, it is adjacent to the border with Prussia
in the 19th century, about 12 miles or so SE of Kruschwitz (Kruszwica)
and Strelno (Strzelno), if that helps fix its location.

Shtetlseeker shows nothing close (it needs to be perhaps under ten miles away)
and neither does the online Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego
i innych krajów słowiańskich

Any help pinpointing Baranowo is appreciated.

al