[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village name of Pinelwatki, Russia (Spitz family)

FoxeGenie at aol.com FoxeGenie at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 16:36:07 PST 2009

First, thank you all for trying to locate this village and the name itself.
 There are many Passenger records that are hard to read. I am using Ellis
Island  site and working alone trying to make out letters and names and its
not easy  sometimes, but I am getting the experience.  I spent a few hours
today  going over some information I had for the Spitz family that were from  “
Pechratka” Russia. Here is an example of trying to find an Immigration
record  for a Leopold Spitz. On a census, it told me that he immigrated in 1904
but he  actually immigrated on Dec. 22, 1903 and his name was entered as “
Sjitz”, so it  took me awhile to find him. Just to let everybody know it is
possible to have  records reviewed and changed from a mistaken transcription
as I have done with  my G-Grandfather Alexander Strandt’s record thru Ellis
Island. There is a place  to email them and in doing so, told them who I was,
gave them the right spelling  and they sent me a quick response telling me
they would review the record.  Another quick email after review and they
changed the “Stranot” to “Strandt”. I  don’t know if its that easy with other
changes but if one knows the correct  information, then changes can make
world of difference. In this particular  record for Eduard Spitz from
Pinelwatki, I am stumped on the location but would  not be surprised if “Pinelwatki”
 was really “Pechratka”. On another brother’s  Immigration record for
Christian Spitz, the record says Pingrsdka but his  military clarifies he
immigrated from Pechratka and he also listed his brother  Leopold Spitz, who lived
within a couple of blocks from each other in New  Jersey. Another
transcription with the spelling of “Paul ratka” for the  village of Pechratka. I
also came across another record for a probable sister  but there are a couple
of names I can not make out. Are there any  volunteers in the SGGEE Society
(of which I am a member) who might help me with  trying to figure out a
couple of  words? The girl’s name is Allertina Spitz  (could be Albertina) and
she immigrated on Dec. 26, 1900 with her Aunt Maryann  Tisch? The Immigration
record says “Penkrvdko” but I think it must be  “Pechratka”. Maryann’s
brother L. Kremring? is waiting. Three lines down another  relative Karl
Kremring is with them. For Emilia, I can not make out if it says  “kin”?

Geneen Giberson