[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village name of Pinelwatki, Russia

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun Nov 29 22:55:20 PST 2009

I took a look at the original record and enhanced it.  The first letter is
likely a P although the S is similar but with only 1/2 a circle at the top.
The 2nd letter looks like an 'm' to me.  See 'maid' as an example but I also
see an 'ru' that is similar.  The ending is clearly 'walki' to me.  Jerry's
'd' is uncertain to me but a good guess.

I tried Prudwalki in ShtetlSeeker and came up with Prud Velikiy in Russia
which would have a similar sound I would think tho' not exact.

Earl

Message: 4