[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ellis Island Record Transcripts corrected

FoxeGenie at aol.com FoxeGenie at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 21:15:57 PST 2009

Hi Bob

The web site _www.ellisisland.org_ (http://www.ellisisland.org)   contains
a contact information under "About us" or at the bottom of the page, so  I
took my first step. Yes, it is the same address you used. I remember you
saying that you had some problems also. However, they will only check the
suggested correction against the original manifest and change only those  that
resulted from errors in transcription.  No changes can be made to the
information contained in the original ship manifest which is a historical
document and part of the federal historic record.  Maybe the problem you  are
talking about is more than a transcript problem but I think they should have
responded regardless. Maybe sending one suggestion at a time with the outlined
problem and record number.

Geneen Giberson