[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pursuing information on two names from Konigberg circa 1865

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Tue Sep 1 03:28:40 PDT 2009

Ursula schrieb:
> I am looking for a connection in the US for a man who immigrated there
> from Altbraa/Rummelsburg area by the name of Cicewski. He was my father's
> uncle. He left Germany I believe after the first WW, the family received a
> card from New York and then nothing.....
Hello Ursula,
looking for this spelling in the IGI database, you find just individuals
in the US which means it is not the original one. There is no single
CICEWSKI in Poland nor in Germany. Did you try the the Ellisisland or
Castlegarden databases? Maybe they suggest the original German or Polish
spelling.

In www.herby.com.pl :
103 CHICZEWSKI
64 CHINCZEWSKI