[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Can anyone explain this to me?

Spaghettitree at aol.com Spaghettitree at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 19:29:35 PDT 2010

Hi Beth -

According to the Meyers-Orts Gazetteer (1912) there are 18 place names
called Althütte; yours appears to be one of the four larger ones:

Althütte, government district Bromberg, village and Gutsbesitzer (estate
owner), Prussia, Posen, district of Bromberg, Kreis and court district of
Czarnikau, military district Schneidemühl, Standesamt (civil registration
office  for b,m,d)  (in) Czarnikau, police district Czarnikau;  2.6 km from
Hallberg (which had) 208 residents (in 1910), Evangelical Parish; 5.2 km  from
Laura, 5 residents.

Posen is in present-day Poland.

Maureen Schoenky

In a message dated 4/30/2010 4:17:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,