[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname Lekowska

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 16 11:48:50 PDT 2010

Karla,

The 'ska' ending of the name simply denotes a single woman so you may need to only consider the root part of the name or perhaps it could be Lekowski.

The root 'Lek' translates to 'medicine' in English so it seems likely that there is no equivalent surname by way of translation.  Our database of surnames suggests that Lek might be a variant of the Germanic Lueck.  This would be a sounds-like version.

We don't have any Lekowski in our database but there is one Klekowski so keep your eyes open to the possibility of a misspelling.  There are several Lek in the database but none from your area.

Jerry