[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynians in South America (and conference kudos)

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 20:22:13 PDT 2010

Hello Edie and Michael,

I'm Brazilian and I've been researching about my family immigration for some
years now.

I have been on many villages in South Brazil, and I managed to search
through original historical recordings on Porto Alegre's public libraries
and museums. There's a good amount of recordings there. And I know about a
book that I was going to buy that contains all the arriving records on the
Village that was set for Russian-German immigration on early 1900's.

There's about 3 years now that I haven't had any time to research, but I'm
keen to continue. I plan to have a community website so I can organize this
stuff better, and in English.

I still looking for missing relatives in either Canada or the US, at one of
these cases of people that went to North America instead.
I'm pretty sure my ancestors knew they where going to South America. Some of
them left South America and went to North America.

The missing relatives records that I'm chasing in North America are Gottlieb
Henschke married with Christine Noerenberg. I have their marriage record in
Volhynia at 1870's and I know they went to North America because  my grandma
knew them and always told about them. And wondered how are their children's
and grandchildren today, since they used to swap letters 100 years ago.

I'm living in New Zealand at the moment, but a travel to both North and
South America are on my plans.

Anything I can help about information in S. America, it will be my pleasure.

Regards,

Mauricio