[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family BRACHMANN from Dombrowa and Romanow / Volhynia

David Brackman brackman at telus.net
Mon Jan 4 16:42:24 PST 2010

Hello, My Grandfather was born in 1880 in Freidland Mecklenburg, his name was Erich Brachmann.  he came to Canada ( Calgary, Alberta) around 1900.Shortly after he arrived he changed his name to Brackman to make it less German sounding! He married Julia Schneider and had 5 children, he died in 1919.  we know he had a sister but that is all, she never came to Canada. Perhaps there is some relation there.

Happy new  Year and best regards

David Brackman
Vancouver, Canada